Schedule a field trip to reinforce classroom learning! Children become active and avid participants in learning at WonderLab. They engage in an educational process of planning, experimenting, observing, making changes, investigating the effects, and collaborating with others. These process skills, as well as the basic scientific concepts presented at WonderLab, are aligned with Indiana Academic Standards in Science and efforts to improve STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) education.
Calling All 8th-12th Grade Science Teachers: Join us! Learn how to make science fun for your students while mastering effective techniques for teaching the new academic standards.
Date: Tues., June 13 – Thurs., June 15 Time: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
(one hour break for lunch on your own)
Participants will also receive:
• FREE!! science demo at WonderLab for your classroom
• $350 stipend for attendance
• Resource materials for your classroom
• 20% discount in WonderLab’s gift store during the institute week
• Lunch on Thursday
• Up to 20 professional growth points (PGPs) for qualified teachers