Wednesday, February 14
Science Story Time is geared toward listeners toddler through early elementary ages. This program uses children’s picture books to engage as well as support scientific concepts and experiments. Young scientists develop literacy and STEM skills as well as build vocabulary by actively participating in the hands-on program. Activities designed for ages 3-6. All are welcome.
What makes Science Story Time special? Reading aloud fuels curiosity and helps children discover the pleasure of reading. Science Story Time provides a model of fluent, expressive reading and taps into the imagination and sense of wonder in children. By using images, actions, or ideas in picture books as teaching foundations for scientific exploration, a broad range of young people can be invited into the exploration. WonderLab utilizes the broad selection of books from the Monroe County public library and strives to offer a great diversity of stories so that children can find characters, places, and experiences that are familiar and representative of their lives.
- Learning about primary and secondary colors using cohesion and adhesion
- Exploring nature after reading a story about a very long hike
- Reading a story about paper airplanes and dreams and exploring the four forces of flight
- Reading a story in which a character slips on a banana peel and exploring friction
10 – 10:30 a.m. EST
Location: Zoom on-line
- Register for this program: