Position: Marketing Intern
Position Purpose: Support Museum marketing and communication efforts to drive visitation and engagement
Reports to: Marketing and Communications Director
Status: 8-12 hours per week with mandatory attendance at weekly marketing team meetings
Term: Full academic year, Mid-August through Mid-May. No summer positions.
- $500 stipend per semester, paid at the end of each semester 0r
- Work-study funding if eligible
Benefits: Free WonderLab membership at dual or basic family level; 20% discount in gift store.
Depending on the number of hours available and individual skills, work with marketing team to:
- Maintain and update recurring WonderLab information on public channels/calendars etc.
- Draft publicity copy for news outlets, social media, blogs, and other tactics.
- Brainstorm campaigns for visitor engagement, publicity, and sales.
- Create promotional materials such as short video, social media visuals, posters, and rack cards.
- Some weekend and evening hours are required for events.
WonderLab Marketing Interns are creatives with excellent communication skills regarding writing, visual, and graphics. Ideal candidates will possess curiosity, flair for the descriptive, a high level of accuracy and a sense of fun. Applicants should be comfortable working quickly on multiple assignments with tight deadlines.
- Reliable and able to meet deadlines
- Appreciation for the value of science in our society
- Friendly, positive, and professional attitude
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of people
- Quick thinking and comfortable sharing ideas within a collaborative workspace
- Proficient with common computer software, cloud-based applications, and social media
- Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Graphic/visual design experience a plus
- WordPress Experience a plus
- Photography skills a plus
Deadlines: Position will reopen in Spring 2023
All WonderLab employees, interns, and volunteers are subject to a background check. Proof of COVID Vaccine is required. WonderLab galleries, offices and grounds are smoke-free environments.
Questions: Contact Aleisha Kropf, email@example.com email only.
WonderLab is an equal opportunity employer committed to actively seeking, hiring and amplifying diverse voices in science education. WonderLab considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, number of dependents, or any other legally protected status. WonderLab strives to make reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities, upon request.
To apply: Fill out the WonderLab intern application on this website