Saturdays in June
STEM Saturday is a weekly program that gets visitors to engage in STEM. STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) Saturdays are designed to provide engaging hands-on STEM activities aimed at inspiring interest in STEM subjects and to make learning both hands-on and fun. The program is typically located in Lab A, but may also be in the garden if the weather is nice. STEM Saturday is meant for ages 5 and up. Each week the Education Team and volunteers develop different hands-on activities meant for the entire family. We encourage adults and children to work together so that they can learn together! STEM Saturday is partially sponsored by Cook Medical and CFC Properties.
Key features of STEM Saturdays include:
- A variety of hands-on activities that encourage exploration of STEM concepts.
- Age-appropriate Curriculum: STEM Saturday content is tailored to different age groups, ensuring that the activities are suitable for a wide range of developmental levels.
- Expert Guidance: WonderLab Educators and Volunteers lead these sessions. They guide and answer questions helping guests gain a deeper understanding of the concepts.
- Collaborative Learning: STEM Saturdays encourages collaboration among participants, fostering teamwork and communication.
- Parent Involvement: Parents and caregivers are encouraged to participate, creating an experience for everyone in your group to take part in.
3 – 4 p.m. EST
Topic: Science of History
Cost: Free with Admission